Motorhome screen covers or as they are also known as screen blinds, silver screens, window protectors or thermal blinds offer easily accessible privacy and insulation.
The use of a screen protector will keep out the sun and protect the interior of your motorhome from UV rays. They are also the ideal way to enjoy extra privacy and keep your windscreen clean.
Motorhome thermal blinds will help keep your motorhome cool on hot sunny days and warm on cold days making your trip or holiday far more comfortable.
Screen Covers for Motorhomes come in two basic varieties of Internal Screens or External Screens.
External Screen Covers are wraparound type covers that cover the side cab windows and the main windscreen of your Motorhome.
Internal Screen Covers are normally three individual screens with plastic suckers that attach to the inside of the windscreen and then one each cab window.
Advantages of Internal Screen Covers for Motorhomes
1. Easier to remove in cases of having to move your vehicle without having to leave the security of the vehicle.
2. Main Windscreen screen cover can be removed during the day to allow natural daylight into your motorhome.
3. Screen covers are not exposed to the elements and so do not get wet from rain etc.
Disadvantages of Internal Screen Covers for Motorhomes
1. Condensation may build up between the internal windscreen cover and the windscreen.
2. Less thermal protection vs External Screen Covers.
Advantages of External Screen Covers for Motorhomes:
1. Much better thermal properties as the entire front of the cab is wrapped around with the cover.
2. Better privacy as no small gaps between panels as can sometimes be present with internal covers.
3. Less Condensation caused in the vehicle as the cold air is trapped outside the windscreen and not inside.
Disadvantages of External Screen Covers for Motorhomes:
1. Screen Covers are exposed to the elements and so in cases where it rains the blinds get wet and have to be dried before storage.
2. Screen Covers need to be removed by exiting the vehicle.
3. Natural daylight can only usually be obtained during the day by totally removing the external covers (However some External screen covers have a removable central panel on velcro to allow this)